Advantages of Hardwood Flooring:
- Hardwood flooring gives a rich look to your home interior.
- Hardwood floor improves it grace over a period of time due to ageing.
- Hardwood flooring is known to last for a lifetime. It has long shelf life.
- Hardwood floors are healthiest floors possible given its organic origin and non-electromagnetic nature tend to attract less dust. Hence they do not attract allergens, or molds that cause allergies which tend to travel with dust. It is recommended to use by doctors all over the world.
- They are hard and are less prone to damage when compared to engineered and laminated floors in the event any heavy object falls on the same.
- The laying of hardwood is easy and since the planks are reasonably thick it can manage slight indifference in floor height compared to the less thick laminates.
- It’s very comfortable for small babies to play on it.
Disadvantages of Hardwood Flooring:
- The hardwood floors require regular polishing every 3-4 years to maintain its finish especially if it is high traffic area. The cost of polishing and labor tends to be INR 50 for normal polish to 140 per sq/ft for Polyurethane coating.
- They also require regular maintenance to prevent termite attack if your house is located in an area which is prone for termite attack.
- Hardwood flooring will be damaged in the event of any water seepage and hence stagnant pools of water should not be allowed. While regular moping with wet cloth is permitted but makes sure water is not dripping from the mop.
- Hardwood flooring is advised against for usage in Indian kitchen and bathroom.
- Hardwood floor’s finish is susceptible to scratching from heavy traffic, high heeled foot wears or pet nails.